Wednesday, June 12, 2013
Conference for research on social media (Call)
The Texas Social Media Research Institute is accepting papers, panels, and training session/workshop ideas for its 3rd Annual Social Media Conference on Friday, Nov. 8, 2013. Deadline for proposals is June 30.
NEW CONFERENCE LOCATION - Join us at the Tarleton SW Metroplex campus in Fort Worth this year. We expect about 250 attendees.
To discover more information about the 2013 Social Media Conference, please visit http://www.tarleton.edu/TSMRI/SocialMediaConference.html
This conference consists of a few tracks: a SOCIAL MEDIA RESEARCH, SMALL BUSINESS, NON-PROFIT, K-12, HIGHER EDUCATION, and TRAINING AND DEVELOPMENT tracks. The conference planning committee is actively seeking papers, panels, and training workshops focused on, but not limited to the following topics:
- Mobile applications, interactions and technologies
- Facebook, Twitter, Linked In, Pinterest, Instagram (How to Use the Technologies)
- Social Media in Business (Ideas for Entrepreneurs and Large Organizations)
- Social Media in Education
- Social Media in the Non-Profit Sector
- Social Media in Interpersonal and Intercultural Communication
- Practical Solutions for Social Media Problems
- Benefits and Disadvantages of Social Media in K-12 and Higher Education
- Social Media and Generational Communication
- Social Media and Information Sciences/Library Sciences
- Social Media and Mobile Applications and Devices
SUBMISSION FORM: https://spreadsheets0.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dFowdFREQjJoa2w1WGxwQVRnVXVpQlE6MA
Possible forms of submission include: panels (including roundtables and discussions), papers/abstracts, and training workshops. Complete the conference submission form (http://www.tinyurl.com/SocialMediaConferenceCall) AND e-mail papers/panels to TSMRI (firstname.lastname@example.org) no later than JUNE 30TH.
Participants will have an opportunity to publish their papers in the conference proceedings book, which will be published on the Texas Social Media Research Institute's website. The top paper will be considered for publication in TSMRI's peer-reviewed publication, The Journal of Social Media in Society.
If you have any questions, please contact the Texas Social Media Research Institute via e-mail (email@example.com) or telephone (254-307-8211).
Feel free to forward to your colleagues and graduate students.